- About Iowa Heart Center/
- News Releases/
- New Cardiologist Joins Iowa Heart Center and Ames Community
New Cardiologist Joins Iowa Heart Center and Ames Community
August 1, 2016
AMES, Iowa – August 1, 2016 – Iowa Heart Center is pleased to announce Ravinder Kumar, M.D., has joined its Ames practice as a full-time interventional cardiologist.
Dr. Kumar completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Iowa (Des Moines) and his cardiovascular disease, interventional cardiology and advanced heart failure and transplant cardiology fellowships at the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics.
He is board certified in cardiovascular disease, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, cardiovascular computed tomography and internal medicine.
Dr. Kumar offers appointments at the Iowa Heart Center – Ames as all as Iowa Heart Center’s Advanced Heart Failure Clinic on the Mercy campus.
Iowa Heart offers a variety of heart care services in Ames including:
- Cardiac and vascular consultations and follow-up appointments
- Inpatient consultations and visits
- EKG testing
- Echocardiography (cardiac ultrasound)
- Nuclear cardiology
- Exercise and nuclear stress test
- Vascular consults, testing and screening
- Cardiac catheterization and intervention
Appointments can be made by calling (515) 232-2500.